Lima Locomotive & Machine Co.

Photo Credit:
Left: by Jim Thurston - Right: by Don Niday (1999)
Shop Number 2147 - Built for: Tellico River Lbr. Co.
{1,586th Lima Built Shay}
Built:
4-14-1909
Class:
C
70-3
Trucks:
3
Cylinders:
[#-Dia. x Stroke]
3 - 12 x 15
Gear Ratio:
2.25
Wheel Dia.:
36"
Gauge:
std.
Boiler:
[Style - Dia.]

E.W.T. - 46.375"
Boiler Pressure:
In Lbs. (PSI)
200
Tractive Effort:
30,375 Lbs.
Factor of
Adhesion:

5.02
Maximum
Safe Speed:

19.0
Fuel Type:
Coal
Fuel Capacity:
5 Tons
Water Capacity:
3,000 Gallons
Empty Weight:
As built
121,200
Owners:
Davis Supply Co. (D), Pittsburg, PA
Tellico River Lbr. Co. #2147, Tellico Plains, TN
Babcock Lbr. and Land Co. #2147, Alcoa (Maryville), TN
(1927) Bond-Woolf Lbr. Co. #2147, Alcoa, TN
(1932) Little River Lbr. Co., Little River RR #2147, Townsend, TN
(1939) For sale
(7-31-1940) John J. Craig Co. #2147, Friendsville, TN
(7-1960) Conasauga River Lbr. Co. #2147, Conasauga, TN, not used
(1965) Graham County RR #2147, Robbinsville, NC, for display at:
Bear Creek Scenic RR #214 "OLE SIDEWINDER", Robbinsville, NC
(11-20-1982) Little River RR and Lbr. Co., Inc. (museum) #2147 "DOROTHY" Townsend, TN
Disposition: SLc Survivor List
now displayed as Little River Lbr. Co., Little River RR Museum at Townsend, TN
Additional Notes: (7-26-1924) 2147 was badly wrecked
The designation "Dorothy", was a latter day addition by Little River RR Museum honoring Dorothy Fisher, whose generous contributions made possible the establishment of the museum in 1982, when 2147 was moved from Robbinsville, NC Thanksgiving weekend, 1982. Her father, John Fisher, ran the tannery in Walland, and was instrumental in bringing the founders of the Little River RR to the Smokies. Jim Thurston

The original front number plate is safe in a private collection since c1961.